We created New Zealand’s first green roof back in 1995. The stunning design, reflecting the Hauraki Gulf, enabled Mirvac to gain resource consent to add four more floors to the property.
Not only beautiful, a living green roof with its own diversity in form, texture and colour, provides both internal and external benefits:
- Controlling the inside temperature of a building by moderating the ambient air temperature
- Providing greater insulation
- Filtering and controlling the release of rain and stormwater
- Reducing noise penetration
- Providing a habitable environment to promote biodiversity.
We've developed a unique green roof innovation which allows us to pre-grow vegetation into modular panels – we call these EcoPillows. EcoPillows are placed together to make up a green roof, they are pre-grown in our off-site nursery, making for a speedy installation and instant high impact.