08 Sep The Good Life
Posted at 01:34h in In the Media
The Quarter Acre Dream:
Characteristics and Challenges:
- The average residential garden usually has between 100-600m2 of arable ground suitable for growing crops.Your typical quarter acre section
- provides you with enough room for fruiting tree crops, composting and vegetable crop rotation as well as amentiy areas.
Features and Solutions:
- Having some lawn areas provides recreational space. Try using a hand powered grass-cutter instead of a fueled mower
- Maintenance is the key to your veggie garden. It requires approximately 1-2 hours of TLC per week
- Install a natural pool. Unlike traditional swimming pools,the water in natural pools is treated on a purely biological and physical basis.
- Collect rainwater and use it to irrigate your vegetables
- Veggie gardens can be decorative and eye catching and seamlessly integrate with the rest of your garden