09 Sep Denarau Fiji
- Natural Habitats vast experience in laying golf courses
- Our understanding of large scale palm relocation
- The confidence the industry places in Natural Habitats for a low risk, successful job, based on our track record
- We have the reputation to deliver challenging solutions on time and within budget
- We have the resources to set up a skilled management team to then coordinate a local workforce in any location
- Our design/build versatility is opportune when detailed working drawings and planting design documentation is required
Our initial assignment in the building of Denarau was to landscape the golf course; itself a massive undertaking involving the shifting of more than 3500 mature palms, the supply of tens of thousands of shrubs and the propagation of almost 100 hectares of specialized couch grasses.
At the time, the landscape project was unlike anything Fiji or indeed the South Pacific had seen in scale or the expected delivery programme. Fletcher South Pacific required subcontractors they could trust to deliver with minimal risk.
It is this complete integration of Natural Habitats design and implementation teams that is our point of difference. One point of contact, clearer accountability, better budget management, less wastage and double handling, more environmentally sustainable solutions, faster and more efficient processes and reduced administration.
The result, now 20 years+ old, is a testament to the entire project team, notably Fletchers, Vuksich and Borich and Natural Habitats.